No mandatory gear = no start!
There will be no good weather or bad weather kit- the weather changes rapidly in the high country and you’ll be out for up to two days- so you must take all the items listed below as a minimum. If you feel you need more gear – feel free to carry it!
Compulsory from start to finish:
- Waterproof jacket with hood
- Thermal long shirt (not a compression shirt)
- Full-length thermal tights (not compression, and they must be long enough to completely cover the legs)
- Waterproof pants
- Reflective vest
- Beanie, buff or similar warm headwear x 2 pieces
- Full fingered gloves
- 2.5 litres fluid minimum
- Food for 5-8 hours of running
- Mobile phone (we STRONGLY recommend Telstra Next G)
- Phone charging case or battery
- Avenza PDFMaps app loaded on phone and maps installed
- Space blanket
- Compression bandage for snakebite
- Two headlamps or torches with spare batteries for both
- One 200 weight fleece top, or two 100 weight fleece tops, or equivalent, eg primaloft
- Waterproof case with Maps (Maps provided)
This race can last up to 50 hours- there are stretches without crew access where you will rely on drop bags and staff at the aid stations.
Please make sure you, have enough batteries to power both your lights for up to two nights.